At S&T our mission is to minimise the impact that the built environment has on our natural terrain.
To do this, our Architects and Engineers work together to actively reduce the reliance on non-sustainable resources and undertake environmentally sensitive and responsible design in relation to sustainable design initiatives. The end effect is an integrated design solution that will deliver buildings with a lower environmental impact and enhance health, productivity, community and quality of life.
As Green Star Accredited Professionals (GSAP)/Members and Homestar Assessors, we also employ the following to underpin our sustainable designs:
- an integrated, holistic, total design approach
- Passive Design
- Life Cycle Assessments
- Energy Modelling and Thermal Comfort Analysis
- new technologies and Renewable Energy initiatives
- environmentally sensitive material selections
- Facade Analysis
- Shadow Diagrams
- Daylight Modelling
- Low Carbon Design and Carbon Neutral strategies
- Water Conservation measures
As part of our Environmentally Sustainable Design (ESD) approach, S&T additionally offers and applies specialist Green Building technologies, such as:
- ESD Policy Consultancy
- ESD Services Advice
- Green Star Submissions
- Homestar Assessments and Consultancy
- Independent Commissioning Agents
- Emissions Analysis
- Embodied Energy Calculations
- H1 Compliance Modelling
Talk to our Sustainable Design Manager Karl Wakelin to find out more.