Senior Lighting Designer - Wellington
We are looking for an experienced Senior Lighting Designer to join the S&T Lighting Team, who will be based in our Wellington Design Studio.
At S&T Lighting, our Award Winning Lighting Designers effortlessly combine aesthetic appeal with technical specification. Their passion for lit environments is only rivalled by their expertise in the field and as far as they are concerned, light is as much an art as it is a science.
S&T Lighting are raising the bar for lighting. We want people to experience light. We want to introduce our clients to the opportunities being created by new developments in lighting technology and establish lighting concepts early on so they become an integral part of the concept design.
We are passionate about all things “light” and also the importance of “dark”. Our services include; lighting design for interior, exterior, recreation and urban, day lighting studies, environmental effects studies including reflected glare, lighting controls, interactive lighting, bespoke luminaire design and light art.
The role of Senior Lighting Designer is to carry out lighting design, lighting consulting and contribute to the promotion and growth of our S&T Lighting brand through your passion for light and exemplary lighting design creativity. You will have demonstrable experience in providing key tasks that include;
- Promotion of the S&T Lighting Brand
- Hook in clients through exceptional lighting design
- Gain national and international recognition through winning awards
- Active participation within the lighting industry/community
- Participate in lighting festivals
- Architectural lighting design
- Urban space lighting design
- Outdoor sports lighting design
- Indoor sports lighting design
- Emergency lighting designs and verification reports
- Sustainable high efficiency lighting design
- Daylight studies
- Lighting assessments of environmental effects and resolution
- Lighting expert witness for resource consents and mediation
- Lighting control strategies
- Lighting masterplan authoring
- Fee proposals
- Design presentations
- Presentations promoting light to industry groups
- Manage S&T Lighting strategy
- Liaise with lighting suppliers, keep S&T staff up to date with suitable products
- Lighting research as required
- Carry out lighting design modelling using AGi32, Dialux, Revit plugin ElumTools, Perfectlite
- Lighting documentation using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, AutoCAD and Revit
- Write lighting project specifications
- Lighting installation reviews, directing aiming and reports
- Energy, investment, whole of life calculations
- Compile and maintain lighting design reference material and guides
The Senior Lighting Designer we are looking for will also have the following key attributes:
- Absolutely passionate about light
- Ability to work collaboratively with our team of lighting designers and clients, contribute to design outcomes and ideas
- Full proficiency in English language, both spoken and written
- Tertiary lighting design qualifications
- Minimum of five years' international lighting design experience
- Experience in large scale projects within the fields of infrastructure, hospitality, commercial, retail, education, urban, recreation and residential
- Recipient of international lighting awards for previous achievements
- Member and supporter of non-profit lighting societies and advocacy groups such as IESANZ or CIBSE.
If you think you have what it takes to join the S&T Lighting team, please click here to email Glen Wright.