Dip.Des (Lighting) | AssocIES ; CIBSE Affiliate ; Member Svenska Belysningssällskapet
Pontus is passionate about all things light and lighting. After studies at Jönköping University he was awarded a scholarship at the Queensland University of Technology where he completed his course in 2006.
Before finishing university, Pontus was headhunted for a position with one of the most prominent independent lighting design firms in Singapore. He stayed for the next six years and was responsible for large and small lighting projects around the whole South East Asian region as well as India and the Middle East. Being in charge of state-of-the-art and complex projects refined his conceptual and project management skills, while smaller projects honed his attention to detail and focused on his artistic talents.
Moving to New Zealand and joining S&T in 2013 he has been presented with opportunities to work on the health benefits of daylighting and sustainable lighting designs.
As S&T's dedicated Lighting Designer, Pontus’ role often means creating practical mock ups for clients, architects and engineers to see and experience lighting in an engaging way. By leveraging S&T’s strong BIM workflow he can also create 3D-visualisations that communicate the lighting effect in real time.
- Opera House Lane, Wellington
- Parliament House & The Beehive, Wellington
- Paihia Waterfront, Paihia
- Unisys House, Wellington
- ACC, Taranaki
- Suntec City Convention Centre *
- Tangs Shopping Mall *
- Harbourfront 4 *
- Punggol Waterfront Housing *
- The Esplanade Outdoor Theatre *
Middle East & India:
- Dubai Metro, U.A.E. *
- Al Ain Mall & Resort, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. *
- 5-star business hotel, Pune, India *
- Scorett Shoes, Flagship store
- Fulufjällets Naturum, National Park Visitor Centre
- The Longhouse, Bali *
- Louis Vuitton, Stores in various locations *
- SM Malls, Manila & Cebu *
* Projects undertaken while with Bo Steiber Lighting Design, Singapore.