Domenico De Vincentis
BA Arch (Brasil); BA Arch (Venezuela) | IAB Architect’s Institute of Brazil; CAV Architects Association of Venezuela ; CIV Engineers Association of Venezuela; IESANZ Associate; NZGBC NZ Green Building Council
Being an architect that specialised in lighting, Domenico likes to create “lighting for living”. This means enhancing the visual characteristics of the built form (spaces, objects, architecture and cities) accentuating their beauty and function for the people that will appreciate and use them as part of their habitat.
Domenico enjoys being in contact with the creators (artists, architects, designers, planners) to define ideas which become transformed in practical and sustainable lighting solutions. The whole process, from the first sketch to the light “switch on”, is always a challenging pleasure.
More than an artistic expression, lighting for Domenico is an indispensable design item that will affect our senses, our actions and our lifestyle. “Better lighting is always better quality of life”
- Urban upgrades of New Lynn Town Centre, Papakura Town Centre, Aotea Square, Elliot & Darby Streets, Federal Street and Fort Street Area (Auckland), Victoria Street & Garden Place (Hamilton), 2005 to 2013.
- Auckland Museum Cenotaph – Lighting upgrade & luminaire restoration, 2012
- Lighting Master Plan & Design of Hamad International Airport (Doha, Qatar), 2007 to 2009
- Lighting design for Hilton Hotels & Eurobuilding Hotels (Venezuela, various locations), 1995 to 2003.
- “Testimonials” - Exhibition of 500 years of American Books & Manuscripts at National Library of Venezuela, 1992
- Exhibition of William Turner watercolors at Museum of Fine Arts (Caracas, Venezuela), 1992